| 内容 | 1. Kudos, man.
 行啊,你小子。
 2. You sound sanctimonious.
 别假装神圣。
 3. She’s meek and mild.
 她很温柔。
 4. You must have the Midas touch.
 你真是太会赚钱了。
 ►the Midas touch 点石成金,赚大钱的本领
 在希腊神话中,Midas是具有点石成金魔力的传奇人物
 5. Everything will fall into place.
 一切都会迎刃而解。
 ►fall into place (开始)形成有条不紊、一目了然的格局,变得有条不紊(或清清楚楚)
 e.g. Once I knew he had a thing for her, everything fell into place. 知道他对她有意思,我才终于恍然大悟。
 Cos when I look at my life (因为当我回顾一生)
 How the pieces fall into place (生命的片段逐渐被理解)
 It just wouldn't rhyme without you (但是没有了你,我的生命则不再律动)
 6. There’s no point in beating your chest.
 捶胸顿足有什么用?
 ►beat one's chest 捶胸顿足
 7. I’m going to up the ante.
 我准备加大赌注。
 ►up the ante 提价;增加赌注;提更多的要求
 8. Little headway has been made.
 还没什么进展。
 9. You should take criticism in your stride.
 你得对批评刀枪不入。
 ►take something in one's stride 从容(或轻易)地对付某事,毫不费力地做某事
 10. A bunch of Philistines.
 一帮俗人!
 |