网站首页  汉语字词  英语词汇  考试资料  写作素材  旧版资料

请输入您要查询的考试资料:

 

标题 A Fun Night快乐的一晚-疯狂英语口语突破对话第16课
内容
    16、 A Fun Night快乐的一晚
    A:Mr. Wilson, I’d like you to meet my wife, Joan.
    威尔逊先生,让我给您介绍我的太太琼。
    B:Very nice to meet you. This is a wonderful party.
    很高兴认识您。这个聚会好极了。
    A:Nice to meet you. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself.
    有幸认识您。很高兴您玩得开心。
    B:Would you like something to drink?
    要不要喝点什么?
    A:Yes, I’ll have a glass of white wine. Thank you.
    给我来一杯白葡萄酒吧。谢谢。
    B:There are some snacks over here. Please try some.
    这儿有些小吃。请尝尝。
    A:Mmm. They’re delicious. What recipe did you use?
    啊,真好吃。您怎么做的?
    B:Well, it’s a secret! Too bad your wife couldn’t join us tonight. I understand she had to leave town on business.
    这是秘密!您太太今晚不能来真是太遗憾了。我知道她要出差。
    A:Yes, unfortunately.
    是的,真太不巧了。
    B:So that leaves only you to take care of your son?
    这样就只留下您照看儿子了。
    B:We used to have a baby–sitter, but now he’s old enough to stay home alone.
    我们以前有个保姆,但现在孩子大了,可以自己在家了。
    A:How old is he?
    他多大了?
    B:Fourteen.
    14岁。
    A:Where does he go to school?
    他在哪儿上学?
    B:He’s at JFK High School.
    在JFK中学。
    A:What a coincidence. Our youngest goes to school there as well. She’ll graduate this spring.
    真是太巧了。我们最小的女儿也在那上学。她今年春天毕业。
    B:Does your daughter already know what she wants to do after graduation?
    您女儿毕业后想干什么呢?
    A:She’s thinking about going to Boston University.
    她想去波士顿大学。
    B:Oh, Boston is such a wonderful city for young people. As a matter of fact, I went there just last weekend.
    噢,波士顿对年轻人来说真是个绝妙的城市。其实我上个周末刚去过那儿。
    A:So did we. 我们也去了。
    B:You’re kidding! What did you do there?
    真的?你们去那儿做什么?
    A:We just stopped for dinner on our way back from a skiing trip.
    我们滑雪回来在那儿停留吃晚饭。
    B:How nice! I used to go skiing all the time, but now I just don’t seem to find the time. Where did you say you went?
    真棒!我过去常去滑雪,现在好像老没时间。你说你们去哪儿来着?
    A:To a small, cozy place in Vermont. You should join us some time.
    去了佛蒙特州一个小巧安逸的地方。你有时间可以跟我们一块去。
    B:I’d love to.
    好啊。
    A:So tell us, how do you like life in New York?
    你觉得纽约的生活怎么样?
    B:It’s quite an adjustment. My wife and son are adapting quite well, though.
    很多东西需要适应。我太太和儿子都很能适应的。
    A:And what about you?
    那你呢?
    B:Between you and me, I just can’t get used to city life.
    这只在你我之间说,我对城市生活就是不习惯。
    额外成就感
    舞会英语
    wine 葡萄酒;酒
    * Would you like red or white wine?
    你是喝红酒还是白酒?
    * I always like to take a bottle of wine as a gift when I’m invited to someone’s home for dinner.
    我每次应邀请去别人家吃饭时,总爱带瓶酒作礼物。
    recipe 烹饪法
    * You have to give me your recipe for these cucumber noodles.
    你要告诉我怎么做黄瓜面条。
    * Can you write down the recipe for this dish? It’s delicious.
    你能把这道菜的做法写下来吗?太好吃了。
    coincidence 巧合;一致
    * I can’t believe you grew up in Beijing as well. What a coincidence!
    我简直不敢相信你也在北京长大。真是太巧了!
    * We met each other by coincidence.
    我们碰巧遇到了。
    adapt 使适应
    * It’s hard for me to get used to the city, but my son is adapting well.
    我很难适应城市的生活,但是我的儿子倒适应得蛮快。
    * Do you think it will be easy to adapt to life in America?
    你认为我会很快适应美国的生活吗?
随便看

 

在线学习网考试资料包含高考、自考、专升本考试、人事考试、公务员考试、大学生村官考试、特岗教师招聘考试、事业单位招聘考试、企业人才招聘、银行招聘、教师招聘、农村信用社招聘、各类资格证书考试等各类考试资料。

 

Copyright © 2002-2024 cuapp.net All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2025/5/19 9:29:02