网站首页  汉语字词  英语词汇  考试资料  写作素材  旧版资料

请输入您要查询的考试资料:

 

标题 口语交际:他被抓起来了 He got arrested
内容
    A:Can you believe the headlines?
    你相信新闻报道吗?
    B:What are you reading?
    你在看什么?
    A:I'm reading about Michael Milliken, the Bond King.
    我在看关于保债券大王麦克?米昂肯。
    B:Didn't he sell worthless stocks to people or something? He got arrested for that, didn't he?
    难道不是他卖给人们一些无价值的股票或什么的吗?他因此事被捕了,是不是?
    A:He got arrested all right.
    他罪有应得。
    B:If I remember, he got off with a light sentence. Something like three years in a minimum-security prison.
    如果我没有记错,他判刑很轻。好像只在一个安全保障最低的监狱里呆三年。
    A:Yup, that's him. He made millions of dollars selling bonds to people and ended up with a pile of cash when they became useless.
    是,那就是他。他卖保债券给别人,赚了数百万美元,当这些债券变得毫无价值时,他却得到了一堆现金。
    B:I think the government fined him a small amount, and he kept the rest in his foreign bank accounts. He's still a millionaire.
    我认为政府罚得很少,他把剩余的钱存在他国外的账户里。他还是百万富翁。
    A:That's the kind of thing in America that gets me mad. Some guy pulls off a stock scheme and makes millions while spending the bare minimum sentence in jail.
    在美国那是我狂怒的一件事。一个家伙搞证券阴谋,赚取了数百万,而只判了明显最轻的罪入狱。
    B:I know. And some poor guy that robs a liquor store makes $500 at most and ends up in jail for five to ten years.
    我知道。而一个穷人抢劫一个小酒店最多得到500美元而同时判刑入狱5至10年。
    A:Yup, you got it. Criminals in America do a lot better if they're white-collar thieves.
    是,你说得对。在美国,如果罪犯是白领阶层的,判罚就会轻得多。
    B:So what's Michael Milliken up to these days?
    那么,麦克?米昂肯现在在忙什么?
    A:He's giving lectures on business at colleges.
    他在大学做商业演讲。
随便看

 

在线学习网考试资料包含高考、自考、专升本考试、人事考试、公务员考试、大学生村官考试、特岗教师招聘考试、事业单位招聘考试、企业人才招聘、银行招聘、教师招聘、农村信用社招聘、各类资格证书考试等各类考试资料。

 

Copyright © 2002-2024 cuapp.net All Rights Reserved
更新时间:2025/5/14 18:42:26